Trials And Execution Of Rizal Essay
November 3. 1896 – Rizal arrived at Manila aboard the Streamer Colon. Rizal was softly transferred to Fort Santiago. Spanish governments gather groundss against Rizal while many Filipino nationalists who had been recognized at his side were viciously tortured to implicate Rizal. Rizal’s brother. Paciano. was besides arrested and viciously tortured but ne’er said anything against his brother *Preliminary Probe
November 20. 1896 – Judge Advocate Colonel Francisco Olive summoned Rizal to look before him. Rizal was subjected to a grueling five-day probe and was informed of the charges against him.
Two sorts of grounds presented against Rizal:
1. Documentary – consisted of 15 exhibits. most of it are his missive to his friends and some verse forms confiscated by Spanish governments.
2. Testimonial – consisted of unwritten testimonies of his close friend who were tortured. The merely right afforded to Rizal was the right to take his defense mechanism attorney. He chose Don Luis Taviel de Andrade. 1st Lieutenant of the Artilleru. November 26. 1896 – After the preliminary probe. the Judge Advocate General Don Nicolas de la Pena submitted the undermentioned recommendations:
1. The accused be instantly brought to test ;
2. He should be kept in prison ;
3. An order of fond regard be issued against his belongings to the sum of one million pesos as insurance ; and
4. He should be defended in tribunal by an army officer. non by a civilian attorney. December 11. 1896 – The information of charges was officially read to Rizal in his prison cell. with his advocate nowadays. December 15. 1896 – Rizal wrote a pronunciamento in his prison cell at Fort Santiago. The pronunciamento was suppressed by the Spanish governments. Therefore. was ne’er issued to the people. December 26. 1896 – The court-martial of Rizal started in the military edifice called Cuartel de Espana. *Rizal proved his artlessness by 12 points:
1. He could non be guilty of rebellion. for he advised Dr Pio Valenzuela in Dapitan non to lift in revolution. 2. He did non correspond with the extremist. radical elements. 3. The revolutionaries used his name without his cognition. If he were guilty he could hold escaped in Singapore. 4. If he had a manus in the revolution. he could hold escaped in a Moro vinta and would non hold built a place. a infirmary. and bought lands in Dapitan. 5. If he were the head of the revolution. why was he non consulted by the revolutionaries? 6. It was true he wrote the by-laws of the Liga Filipina. but this is merely a civic association – non a radical society. 7. The Liga Filipina did non populate long. for after the first meeting he was banished to Dapitan and it died out.
8. If the Liga was reorganized nine months subsequently. he did non cognize about it. 9. The Liga did non function the intent of the revolutionaries. otherwise they would non hold supplanted it with the Katipunan. 10. If it were true that there were some acrimonious remarks in Rizal’s letters. it was because they were written in 1890 when his household was being persecuted. being dispossessed of houses. warehouses. lands. etc and his brother and all brothers-in-law were deported. 11. His life in Dapitan had been model as the politico-military commanding officers and missional priests could certify. 12. It was non true that the revolution was inspired by his one address at the house of Doroteo Ongjunco. as alleged by informants whom he would wish to face. His friends knew his resistance to armed rebellion. Why did the Katipunan send an emissary to Dapitan who was unknown to him? Because those who knew him were cognizant that he would ne’er approve any violent motion
December 28. 1896 – Governor General Camilo Polaveija approved the determination of the court-martial and ordered Rizal to be shot at 7:00 o’clock in the forenoon of December 30 at Bagumbayan Field ( now known as Luneta ) . *Last Hours of Rizal
December 29. 1896
Rizal spent his last 24 hours in his decease cell where he was visited by his loved 1s and wrote his farewell verse form. “Mi ultimo adios” ( My Last Farewell ) which he hid in the intoxicant cookery range and was given to Trinidad during their visit. December 30. 1896
5:30 AM – Rizal wrote two letters. foremost addressed to his household and second to his lone brother Paciano. First Letter:
Rizal was inquiring for forgiveness for all the hurting that he has do his household. A message to his sisters to love their parents so as to be treated the same by their kids in clip. He wanted to be buried in the land. with a rock cross over it. with his name. birth and decease. Have commiseration on Josephine
He told his brother how much he misses him. Not seeing him for 4 old ages and a half. He was regretful for go forthing his brother burdened with the weight of the household and their old parents. His thankfulness on how difficult his brother worked to give him a calling. believing that he tried non to blow clip. About 6:30 AM – a cornet sounded at Fort Santiago. a signal to get down the decease March. Rizal set on his walk from Fort Santiago to the Bagumbayan Field. Beside him walked Lt. Luis de Andrade and Fathers Jose Vilaclara and Estanislao March. Before and behind him were armed soldiers. Rizal was dressed elegantly in a black suit. black bowler hat chapeau. black places. white shirt. and a black tie. His weaponries tied from cubitus to elbow. He was blessed by one of the priests and offered him a rood to snog. Rizal reverentially bowed his caput and kissed it.
He requested the commanding officer of firing squad that he be shot confronting them. He was denied. The decease frills of the membranophones filled the air. The bid “Fire” was heard. and the guns of the fire squad barked. And even at the minute of his autumn. Rizal turns his organic structure to the right with supreme attempt with face upward confronting the forenoon Sun. His last words were those of Jesus Christ: “Consummatum Est. ” – It is completed. After he was executed. the Spanish witnesss shouted “Long unrecorded Spain! Death to the treasonists! ” . *Rizal died at precisely 7:03 am aged 35 old ages. five months and 11 yearss.