Reaction time of visual response Essay
Data Collection and Processing
In this experiment, the reaction clip of ocular and haptic response has been investigated by mensurating how both custodies reacted when eyes were unfastened and so when eyes were closed. For a better comparing of the two, the norms have been compared as good. The swayer ‘s centimeters have been turned into clip counted in seconds utilizing the expression ;
- The tactile responses where faster to ocular stimulations presented
- As clip passed, the physiological reactions where going moderately ‘slower ‘ , nevertheless, at some point, it was easy to anticipate when the other pupil would allow travel of the swayer due to the many tests.
Using the measurings obtained from the above tabular arraies, graphs have been organised so as to better grok the results of this experiment.
- In general, the right manus seems to hold a faster response to tactile stimulation than ocular one.
- Some values seem to non follow with the remainder of them, likely due to the being of other factors impacting the result of the experiment.
- In general, the left manus seems to hold a faster response to ocular stimulation than haptic one.
- Some values seem to non follow once more with the remainder of them, likely due to the being of other factors impacting the result of the experiment.
- Overall, the tactile responses seem to be faster than the ocular 1s, dependent however from factors such as left-handedness and/or dextrality.
- The left manus had a faster response to the ocular stimulations compared to the right manus
- The right manus had a faster response to tactile stimulations than the left manus. Bearing the old observations into consideration, a relation could be made between different parts of treating the stimulation ( spinal cord and encephalon ) and the reactions of each of the custodies and therefore the encephalon ‘s operation.
From the graphs, it becomes apparent that haptic responses are faster than the ocular 1s. Furthermore, from the norms, we can reason that the two custodies much varied in their public presentation of the ocular and haptic responses. It has besides been observed that some of the values do non follow with the general inclination of the other consequences, therefore bespeaking the being of other, uncontrolled, factors impacting the consequences.
Decision and Evaluation
As our literary beginnings bid, the chief map of our nervous system is the coordination of rapid responses to stimuli, including physiological reactions. A stimulation is a alteration in the environment which is detected by receptors. Once perceived by the being, a certain response is elicited and a alteration in the being occurs. In this experiment, we investigated the velocity of a homo ‘s response to tactile and ocular stimulation.
The findings of this experiment agree to the fact that our tactile responses ( performed with closed eyes ) are well faster from our ocular responses ( performed with the eyes unfastened ) . This happens because the signal transmitted from the centripetal nerve cells of our eyes is straight processed by our encephalon, whereas the signal received from our tegument, as the feeling of touch, is processed at the spinal cord and are involved with the local segmental physiological reactions. As the consequences of this experiment agree to the general cognition given from assorted other literary beginnings, it can be characterized as dependable.
Despite the many attempts to command for the confounding variables which might impact the really result of the experiment, some values have been observed to non follow with the general regulation, generated by the remainder of them. A figure of factors could be responsible for this.
- In order to do the measurings of tallness, a swayer has been used, doing the possibility of mistake to lift. The possible mistake that might hold been involved is that of a 0.05cm
- At times, the swayer was non caught at all by the participant and the test was repeated until a positive figure was achieved. It could be argued though that these times are of import as good since the inability to respond fast could be thought of as a ocular or haptic response.
- External factors might hold affected the consequences of this experiment. Even though it was conducted in a research lab, noise or distraction could hold occurred due to the other schoolmates.
Wayss to better the methodological analysis of the experiment
- A control of the external confounding variables, such as noise, could assist the experiment get more focussed consequences.
- A more precise swayer could hold been used
- A 2nd confirmation of the informations would be good to the better support of the consequences found. It would besides be good if more participants were used every bit good.
- The participants to this survey should non be cognizant of the theoretical points in biological science, which would impact their public presentation due to prejudices.
Suggested hereafter work, related to this survey and its theoretical points, could affect the survey of how fast a message is transported through the nervous system or how can this velocity be affected by variables such as attending and emphasis or other neurological conditions. Furthermore, persons could be assessed with ocular and haptic stimulations so as to prove the different responses between the reaction clip of their left and right custodies, correlating the consequences to whether they are left-handed, two-handed or right-handed.